What are your thoughts?
Thoughts are your beliefs, opinions, and ideas about yourself, and about your surroundings. All of the thinking happens in the mind. Thoughts are the impressions of the situations that happen in your life or you saw around you.
Thoughts make our life because everything happens twice in this world. First, it happens in the mind and then in reality. If you observe in your surroundings you will accept this fact. All innovations are created first in mind, then they come into reality.
So your life is a reflection of what you think. This means If you think positive or good things, it will happen to you and vice versa.
The mind is everything, what you think you become!
Do you know this, positive thinking is having a basis in physics. We all know everything is energy and everything is having vibration. And we also know that “like attracts like”.
Normally in our society, we see that some people always say negative things about themselves. Always they underestimate themselves. They always say that “I am dumb”,I am not able to do anything. Even I don’t think that I will be successful in my life”
If you analyze these you will find that there are some negative beliefs in their mind and these beliefs are created by continuous hammering negative thoughts.I have met these types of people. I ask them “why are you so negative about yourself ?”
“Why are you having such low feelings about yourself?”
One of them smiles slightly and says “I am the dumb one in my family. I am stupid. I am not smart and I am unable to do any kind of work”.
I explain to that person that everybody is unique in this world and everybody has the same power of the subconscious mind.
Nowadays life has become more stressful and stress attacks on our physical health and mental health. Due to stress, we can’t focus on our work properly and also our personal life is affected due to this.
It’s a universal truth that a positive person anticipates happiness, health, and success and believes he or she can overcome any obstacles and difficulties. Positive thinking can give you more confidence, improve your mood and even reduce the likelihood of developing hypertension, depression, and other stress-related disorders.
And our subconscious mind is directly connected to the Universal power.(You can give any name of God to that power )
I also suggest that people start positive thinking, and try some affirmations which will boost their positive thinking.
A repeating thought always becomes a belief. I also suggest that the person keeps faith in him /her.
What is positive thinking?
Positive thinking means focusing on the good in any situation.It creates a deeper impact on your physical and mental health. It means to keep a good approach in life.
How do positively think? And what are the Benefits?
Positive thinking is a phase of the mind which focuses only on good things and expects good things can happen.
Steps to positive thinking
1. Start your day with positive affirmations.
2. Always focus on the good things.
3. Challenges are for learning.
4. Fond out the hidden opportunities in negative situations also.
5. Love yourself.
6. Stop worrying about the past and future. Start living in the present.
7. Avoid toxic people (including family members) and friends. Find positive people who have the same goals.
8. Feel gratitude for all the things.
Physical benefits of positive thinking–
- Increase your lifespan.
- Better physical health
- Can do better Stress management
- Reduce the risk of heart attack
- Greater immunity
Mental benefits of positive thinking-
1. You become more creative.
2. As your focus changes, you become a problem solver.
3. You get more clarity in thinking.
4. Attract good people, good things in your life.
Interesting facts about positive thinking
All the time we hear about positive thinking and why the results of positive thinking are always upbeat all the time?
Why positivity is so rewarding?
First, you have to understand the power of positive thinking.
If you need help in breaking negative thinking habits, read my previous blog about habits.
Here are the reasons
1. It creates positive emotions
2. Positivity changes how your mind works
3. Transforms your futures.
4. Your life length increased when you are positive.
5. Helps you grow professionally.
6. Positivity helps you to counteract stress off your mind.
7. Helps you leave your comfort zone.
8. Your self-confidence boosts you to broaden your horizon
How to Identify Negative thinking?
1. Monitor your thoughts always, how are you feeling in many different situations.
2. If you are having a habit of blaming others if something bad happens to you.
3. Making negative interpretations, even though the reality is different.
4. Jumping to the conclusion directly.
5. Fortune telling negatively means anticipating that things will turn out badly.
7. self put-downs
How to travel from a negative mindset to a positive mindset?
When any incident happens, which affects you deeply, you start attracting negative emotions and get impacted. You get upset and depressed slightly and you start attracting more negative thoughts automatically.
To come out of this phase pull your thoughts around to something that you really want to experience. Gradually you will start thinking more about those things you want in life.
This is very important to remember that you should always focus only on what you want in life, and don’t think about what you don’t want.
You have to cultivate the habit of focusing and repeating what you don’t want, but as per the law of attraction, you are attracting that thing in your life because you are having a focus on those things.
Change your pattern of thoughts. Identify first what you don’t want and then identify what you want really in life.
Write down these statements on paper in two columns, tear out the negative side and start repeating the column what you want in life as an affirmation. (please note that these affirmations must be in the present tense.)
How you can change negative thoughts to positive thoughts quickly?
For a quick change in your thoughts, you can do the following things.
1. Take a long breath till you get fresh again.
2. Shift your focus from that negative stuff. Start thinking of another topic that is positive or gives happiness to you.
3. Start saying positive affirmations in mind. (You can say loudly if you are alone or you are driving a car or bike)
4. If you are sad or angry and then you are having negative thoughts, drink 2 glasses of water so your body temperature and BP will get back to normal.
5. Start listening to relaxing music
6. Get detached from the negative friends and family members for some time at least!
These will definitely help you to turn your thoughts positive! For more details, you can watch my video on positive thinking. Visit this link. https://www.quora.com/I-have-totally-no-motivation-in-life-anymore-I-feel-tired-everyday-and-dont-want-to-do-anything-But-this-is-not-what-I-want-how-can-I-change
What are affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements that describe a desired situation, event, habit, or goal.
When you repeat these positive affirmations often, mentally or aloud, they engrave themselves on the subconscious mind. And this changes the programming of your subconscious mind, which consequently transforms the way you think, your habits, and your attitude. This also helps you to attract new opportunities and achieve success.
“What you repeatedly think and say is what you get. The human mind is having a god gifted skill that can turn thoughts and words into reality.
Affirmations are a way to make this happen in your life.
When you meet some problems these positive affirmations will work for you.
Affirmations also increase your confidence level because feelings of confidence depend upon the type of thoughts that habitually occupy your mind.
If you think of defeat, you are bound to feel defeated.
So repeating positive affirmations will make it possible to achieve your dreams. Your subconscious mind is like a great computer and affirmations are the commands that program it to act in the way you choose. Feed your subconscious mind with positive thoughts and affirmations it will produce positive results.
Fill your mind with light, hope, and feelings of strength and your life will reflect these qualities in reality.
A few simple affirmations are
“My every need is immediately and automatically fulfilled.”
“I accept abundance and prosperity into my life”
“My mind is focused on my goal and I see it as I have achieved it.”
“I expect to be successful in all aspects of life”
“I feel I am a confident, successful person in this world.”
“I fully accept myself that I am worthy of richness and happiness in my life”.
“My confidence and self-esteem are increasing each day and I feel I am a successful person.”
“With every exhaling breath, I release negativity from my body.”
Practice positive affirmations, using only positive words while talking, identifying and focusing on positive things.
Train your mind to look at only positive things in your surroundings.
It helps to see the possibilities in every situation. Having positive thinking and attitude you will experience self-improvement.
There are some simple steps that can give you a positive approach to life.
Start your day with positive affirmations.
Remove all the feelings that are not positive.
Use words that evoke strength and success.
Focus on the good things, however small.
Transform negative self-talk into positive self-talk.
Focus on the positive things only.
Start appreciating yourself.
Start thinking you will succeed!
Find positive friends, mentors, and co-workers.
Develop an attitude of gratitude.
Stay positive people.
Take a long deep breath to refresh your brain and all cells of the body.
Talk with yourself positively.
Take sufficient sleep to recharge your mind and body.
These are some very simple things that you can follow and increase your positive attitude.
Fill your mind with unlimited positive thoughts.
There are many books available on positive thinking. My favorites are
1. The power of positive thinking -Norman Vincent Peale
2. Stop worrying and start living – Dale Carnegie
3. The positive thinking secret – Aaron Kennard
4.365 days of positive thinking – Jenny Kellett
5. Positive thinking: find happiness and achieve your goals through the power of positive thought – Gill Hasson
My favorite podcasts on positive thinking
1. The school of greatness
2. Tony Robbins podcast
3. Lead to win with Michael and Megan Hyatt
4. Lifestyle Motivation podcast
5. The positive mindset podcast
Incredible positive movies that motivate you always
1. The world’s fastest Indian
2. Coach Carter
3. Everybody is fine
4. Bend it like a Beckham
Positive thinking is the first step to getting aligned with the universe. I hope people who are always having doubt about positive thinking has been resolved. Thank you for reading my blog about the power of positive thinking.